For those who remember mom proudly displaying her perfect jello mold at the holiday picnic, here is the busy women’s version. Featuring our pop-out cube tray, it’s still bound to bring a few “OOHs” and “AAHs”.
Our mold has fresh strawberries and pineapple tidbits, uses strawberry jello and is finished with a cream cheese/sour cream topping (or base once it is popped out).
- Add pineapple tidbits and fresh strawberries to the bottom of a pop-out cube tray
- Prepare small box of strawberry jello per instructions
- Pour jello liquid over fruit. Fill cubes just over 3/4s full, leaving room at top for final layer
- Cover tray and refrigerate for a few hours until set
- Once set, blend 3 oz. of cream cheese with 1/4 cup sour cream until smooth
- Using spoon OR pastry bag, fill remaining of cubes with cream cheese mixture
- Cover tray and refrigerate again for at least an hour
- When ready to serve, simply pop out cube onto serving platter or individual plates
Top with whipped cream and garnish if desired! You have perfectly portioned jello molds.